Bedwell Equinola Straw Horse Bedding - 20 kg
Bedwell Equinola straw is made from especially long soft absorbent fibres which are great for horse bedding & eliminating bad smells.
Bedwell Equinola Horse Bedding is made from high quality precision chopped screened and dust extracted oil seed rape straw (Canola).
Lemon scented Tea Tree oil acts as a deodoriser against stable smells.
But what it really excels at is as a powerful insect repellent.
It offers powerful protection from mosquitoes, flies, ants and other insects.
Lemon scented Tea Tree oil is well known for its extraordinary power as a NATURAL insect repellent.
- Dust Extracted
- Precision Chopped
- Treated With Natural Essential Oils
- Highly Absorbent
- Fresh Fragrance
- Extra Strong Bags
- Natural Product
Instructions for Use
Approximate guidelines for laying initial bed in a 12×12 stable or similar:
- Ensure stable/rubber matting is clean and dry before laying bed.
- Use about 4-6 bales depending on required depth of bed.
- Use shavings fork to loosen the tightly packed bedding.
- Ideal base is around 6-8 inches deep.
- Some owners also like banks of about 12-18 inches around the walls.
- A deeper bed manages moisture more efficiently and requires less replacement bedding.
- Use a similar depth of bed if using rubber matting to ensure your horses comfort.
- Equinola absorbs moisture, clumps together and sinks to the base of the bed leaving the top layer of bedding clean, dry and warm. Therefore Equinola works best when deep littered.
- You can leave the wet bedding in for a long as you wish some people remove it daily/weekly/monthly or even yearly!
- Skip out daily, and remove any droppings throughout the day if the horse is staying in.
- Keep the bed as firm and level as possible.
- Top up bed with approximately 1-2 bales of Equinola per week (depending on the cleanliness of the horse).
- Take out wet patches as often as you require but Equinola works at its optimum when the wet patches are left in for at least a few days.
- If base of bed starts to get too deep you can remove the top layer of wet as often as you require.